Strategic Conservation Solutions, LLC is committed to public service and its obligation to give back to the community.
Current Pro Bono Contributions include work with the following organizations:
- The Walton Family Foundation – The Walton Family Foundation is committed to address K-12 education reform, conservation of sensitive marine and freshwater environments, and economic development in the Delta Region of Arkansas and Mississippi.
- Sand County Foundation – The Sand County Foundation works with private landholders to improve the quality of their lands through science, ethics, and incentives.
- The Resources First Foundation – The Resources First Foundation is a nonprofit organization established in 2000 to provide conservation education tools and solutions to promote conservation and restoration activities for fish, wildlife and other natural resources primarily on privately owned lands across the United States.
- Soil and Water Conservation Society – The Soil and Water Conservation Society is a nonprofit scientific and educational group — founded in 1943 — that serves as an advocate for conservation professionals and for science-based conservation practice, programs, and policy.
- USDA/HACU Leadership Group – The USDA/HACU Leadership Group works to pursue funding, research and infrastructure support initiatives for the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU), which represents 450 colleges and universities committed to Hispanic higher education success in the United States, Puerto Rico, Latin America, Spain, and Portugal.
SCS Owners, Bruce and Julie Knight, are active in local community activities as follows:
- City of Fairfax Sustainability Committee – Bruce Knight was appointed to serve on the City of Fairfax Sustainability Committee which advises and assists the City Council and all Boards and Commissions on policies and practices dealing with the environment and energy conservation. The committee advocates for protecting, preserving and enhancing the environment and provides a means for promoting discussion between the public and private sectors on issues related to the environment.
- Partnership for a Healthier Fairfax – Julie Knight serves as Co-Chair of the Partnership for a Healthier Fairfax which is a coalition of community members and organizations that are working together to strengthen the public health system and improve community health.
- Vienna Presbyterian Church – Julie Knight is serving a three year term as Elder for the church and also assists with student ministries programs. Bruce and Julie together volunteer and support marriage ministries in the church.
- Fairfax 4-H – Julie Knight Co-Leads the Fairfax City 4-H Community Club, and Bruce is an active 4-H Parent.